The second edition of the International Conference “Roundabouts in Europe” will be held on June 24, 2022.
The event will take place online on the Teams platform.
15:00 Greetings and introduction
- Prof. Massimo Losa: ASIT President
- Prof. Enrico Foti: Director of Department Civil Engineering and Architecture (University of Catania)
- Prof. Salvatore Leonardi: Organizing Committee (University of Catania)
- Prof. Natalia Distefano: Organizing Committee (University of Catania)
15:15 SESSION 1: Conventional Roundabouts
Chairman: Prof. Tomaž Tollazzi
- A multi-method approach for analysing the roundabout deflection – N. Berloco, P. Intini, V. Ranieri – Politecnico di Bari
- Innovative methodologies for road safety and traffic roundabout analysis – A. Marella – Trafficlab S.r.l.
- Safety Index for evaluation of urban roundabouts – M. Rella Riccardia, M. G. Augerib, F. Galantea, F. Maurielloa, V. Nicolosib, A. Montellaa – aUniversity of Naples Federico II – bUniversity of Rome “Tor Vergata”
- Creating forgiving roundabouts by using passive safe poles according EN12767:2019 – N. Tajariol – Road Safety Consultant, Italy
16:45 SESSION 2: Turbo-Roundabouts
Chairman: Prof. Alfonso Montella
- Turbo-Roundabouts – Lessons learned in Slovenia -T. Tollazzi – University of Maribor
- Passenger car equivalent factors for heavy vehicles on turbo roundabouts – A case study from Poland – E. Macioszek – Silesian University of Technology
- Road Safety on Turbo-Roundabouts in Poland – M. Kieć – Cracow University of Technology
17:45 Debate and conclusions